The ATS or Applicant Tracking System is a software application that helps the Human Resource department of an organization to collect, sort, scan and store the resumes of job applicants. It is a system designed to make the recruitment process easier and more organized for both the employer and the job seeker. The ATS was first introduced in India in 2004 by a company called Naukri.com and since then, it has become an integral part of the HR process in many organizations. There are many benefits of using an ATS, both for the employer and the job seeker. Some of these benefits are listed below.
What is Applicant Tracking System?
An applicant tracking system (ATS), also known as a candidate management system (CMS), is a software application designed to streamline the recruiting process by tracking job applicants throughout the process from initial contact to hire. ATS systems are used by staffing agencies and corporate HR departments to track, sort, and manage job candidates.
Most ATS systems are web-based, meaning they can be accessed from any internet-connected device. Many ATS applications are available as cloud-based solutions, which offer additional benefits such as scalability and reduced IT costs. Some ATS vendors also offer mobile apps that allow recruiters and hiring managers to access candidate data on the go.
In addition to applicant tracking, many ATS systems offer additional features such as resume parsing, candidate screening and ranking, interview scheduling, and performance reporting. Some ATS vendors also offer integration with third-party solutions such as background check and reference check services.
There are a variety of applicant tracking systems on the market, but most include five key features:
1. Job postings: The ability to post jobs to multiple job boards from within the ATS platform. This saves time and ensures that all open positions are being widely advertised.
2. Resume parsing: The ability to automatically parse resumes into the ATS database. This saves time and reduces data entry errors.
3. Candidate screening: The ability to screen candidates based on predetermined criteria such as skills, experience, and educational background. This helps managers quickly identify qualified candidates for open positions.
4. Interview scheduling: The ability to schedule interviews with candidates directly from within the ATS platform. This saves time and ensures that all interviews are conducted in a timely manner.
5. Reporting: The ability to generate reports on various aspects of the recruiting process, such as time-to-fill, cost-per-hire, and sources of hire. This helps managers track progress and identify areas needing improvement.
The Top Applicant Tracking Systems in India are as follows:
1. RecruitPlus Talent Acquisition Suite
2. OrangeHRM Applicant Tracking System
3. Zoho Recruit
4. iCIMS ATS
5. Jobvite Hire
There are different types of Applicant Tracking Systems available in the market which cater to the specific needs of an organization. The most popular ones are:
1. Recruitment Management System (RMS): RMS is a type of ATS that streamlines the recruiting process by automating various tasks such as posting job ads, screening resumes, conducting interviews, etc. It helps recruiters save time and makes it easier to track and manage candidates throughout the hiring process.
2. Candidate Relationship Management (CRM): CRM systems help organizations keep track of their interactions with candidates, even if they are not actively recruiting them. This way organizations can stay in touch with talented individuals and build relationships with them for future opportunities. Additionally, CRMs often have features that allow recruiters to score and rank candidates based on their qualifications and fit for a role.
3. Social Recruiting Platforms: Social recruiting platforms are ATSes that incorporate social media into the recruiting process. These platforms allow organizations to post job openings on social media sites like LinkedIn and Twitter and then track applications received.
Be the first to post comment!